Aged Ministers Assistance

Assemblies of God ministers have served faithfully and sacrificially to build our Fellowship. Yet many made so little during their ministries that today, in retirement, they need our help to meet their daily needs.  The Aged Ministers Assistance is a branch of The Assemblies of God that provides assistance to those who need it most.

There are 2 types of help from Aged Ministers Assistance:

1. Monthly Assistance
2. Medical Assistance


How to Apply for Aged Ministers Assistance:

  •  Fill out an application, sign and date it.
  • Include a copy of the current year's Social Security Benefit Statement (SSBS). If you are married, send copies of your SSBS as well as athe SSBS of your spouse.
  • The application will be evaluated by the AMA personnel. If it is complete and it appears that the applicant will be eligible it will be sent to teh minister's district for endorsement. 

Who is eligible to receive AMA?  

  • Licensed or ordained Assemblies of God ministers with a minium of 10 years of active ministry prior to his or her normal retirement age as determined by the Social Security Administration.  
  • Widows, minimum age 60 whose spouses met the above requirements
  • Disability - Totally disabled ministers under age 65
  • Income - Total monthly income less than $1500 (couple) or $1000 (single). AMA provides the difference betweeen current income and the AMA monthly maximum. 

  For more information and to download an application, please click here to visit the Aged Ministers Assistance website.