Process for Planting a Parent Affiliated Church (PAC)
1. Begin by identifying the Parent Church of the (PAC)
2. Submit a Good Faith Agreement (GFA) to the Multiplication Administrative Assistant.
- When a GFA is submitted, then a check for $2,500 will be sent to the Parent Church to cover the cost of training and assessments for the Planter. The first $500 should be used to pay for registration to Launch training.
- The PAC Leader and Team need to attend Launch training. Click here to go to the Launch page.
4. Create and submit a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the PAC Leader and the Parent Church.
- If the intent of the newly created PAC is to remain permanently under the direction of the Parent Church, and the PAC is being started under the Parent Church's own initiation, a MOU is not necessary, though highly recommended. Please communicate your intention to the NWMN Multiplication Department.
If your PAC's intention is to become a Stand-Alone Church, when you are ready to transition, please contact the Multiplication Department to begin the incorporation process.
Click to view our Church Affiliation Guide and our PAC Incorporation Fact Sheet.
Process for Planting a Stand-Alone Church1. Fill out and submit a Church Planter Application to Multiplication Support. Submit to Tammy Payne or, if planting a multi-ethnic church, submit to Marianne Giberson.
2. Find a Parent Church that will partner with you as you launch your Stand-Alone Network Affiliated Church (NAC).
- Reasons for a Parent Church:
a. Planters are more successful with the support of a Parent Church
b. A secure place to hold your funds until you become your own entity
c. Best practice: begin as a PAC and transition to a NAC when you gain momentum. (see "Process for Starting a PAC")
- Submit a Good Faith Agreement (GFA) to Multiplication Support.
a. Once a GFA is submitted, a check for $2,500 will be sent to the Parent Church to cover the cost of training and assessments for the Planter. The first $500 should be used to pay for registration to Launch training.
a. Make plans for the Church Planter (CP) and Team to attend Launch training. Click here to go the Launch page.
- Create and submit a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between yourself and the Parent Church. A sample MOU will be added soon. If you have questions, please email Tammy or Marianne.
After these steps are completed, your CP will be put on the next Executive Presbytery (EP) agenda for approval. The incorporation process will begin following approval. Multiplication Support will guide you through this.
Church Affiliation Guide