Developing an Outward-Focused Culture & Helping Churches Gain Traction
The propensity for any church to turn inward-focused poses a real threat to the mission. The longer an organization exists, the more energy, resources, time, and money are needed to care for the insiders. The solution to transitioning an inward-focused church culture into a life-giving outward-focused culture requires a number of strategies. The Cohort journey helps pastors and church leaders identify inward- focused tendencies and learn how to transition to an outward-focused culture.
Dates, Times & Location for 2018-2019:
Eastside (Wenatchee, WA)
Westside (Kelso, WA)
9:30am – 4:00pm
9:30am – 4:00pm
|Session 1 - Friday, November 2
Session 2 - Thursday, December 6
Session 3 - Thursday, January 17
Session 4 - Thursday, March 7
Session 5 - Thursday, April 11
Session 6 - Thursday, May 30
|Session 1 - Tuesday, September 25
Session 2 - Thursday, November 29
Session 3 - Thursday, January 10
Session 4 - Thursday, February 28
Session 5 - Thursday, April 4
Session 6 - Thursday, June 6
Registration & Cost:
The Outward Focused Network is intended for lead pastors, their spouses, and leadership teams.
Cost is a flat $250.00 for NWMN organizations, regardless of participants. (Cost increases for outside groups)
Register online at least one week previous to the first session of your chosen location. Please be aware that a book report is due at the first session.
Workbooks will be supplied for the number of people that register online. After the first session, additional workbooks will be sold at cover price.
The NWMN is offering a 50% discount for churches with average weekly attendance under 125. If you believe your church qualifies please use code OFN50 at checkout. Additional scholarships may be available by request.
Additional books, resources and assignments will be a part of your participation, and additional costs will be the participant's responsibility. Prior to the first session, you will receive an email with further details.
- Session 1 – Out of Focus - Defining inward focused characteristics and missional drift and clarity.
- Session 2 – Developing Outward-Focused Theology - Study of Missio Dei, the Missionary God.
- Session 3 – Examining Focus - Defining outward focused characteristics and assessing culture.
- Session 4 – Implementing Cultural Transition - Continued cultural assessment and anchoring change in culture.
- Session 5 – Lenses for Re-focus part one - Study cultural changes needed in Theology and Preaching, Vision Casting and Language.
- Session 6 – Lenses for Re-focus part two - Discuss needed changes in Finances, Relationships, Staff, Public Gatherings, Assimilation, Prayer and Spiritual Empowerment.
Before the first session each participant should read "Start with Why" by Simon Sinek and bring a 2 page report on how the book challenged your thinking on being outward focused. The book can be purchased from most local book sellers and through online book retailers.
Questions? Contact Marianne Giberson, Assistant to Dave Cole